Cybersecurity: Another Word for Job Security
The global cost of cybercrime is expected to exceed $10 trillion by 2025, and that number is projected keep growing.* As the damage from cyberattacks, hacking, and ransomware incidents increases, so does the need for certified professionals to protect businesses, organizations, and public institutions. ¶ºÄÌÊÓÆµ Onlineâ€™s Masterâ€™s in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics offers the advanced education and training you need to advance your career and become a leader in this critical field.
Our program prepares practicing IT professionals to combat cybercrime through training on the latest cyber forensic tools and techniques. The curriculum includes instruction in network and cloud forensics, e-discovery, incident response, and penetration testing, as well as relevant legal and theoretical topics so students can gain a holistic understanding of the environment in which they work.
Complete in two years or less*
*Note: A studentâ€™s completion time is dependent upon the number of existing credits they have and can transfer, the number of credits they choose to take each term, and the terms in which they enroll.
Gain the Skills Employers Want
Graduates of our online Masterâ€™s in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics will excel in key skills, including:
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws and statutes
- Collecting and preserving digital evidence
- Identifying attack vectors and vulnerabilities
- Analyzing and auditing information systems for signs of compromise
- Producing professional forensic reports
- Presenting an oral defense of forensic findings
Top Careers for Graduates
Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics graduates can purse diverse career paths, such as:
- Chief Data Officer
- Cyber Crime Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Architect
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Information System Security Officer
- IT Cybersecurity Specialist
- Network Engineer/Architect
- Supervisory IT Specialist
Best Online Bachelor’s in Computer Forensics Degree Programs
35% Job Growth
Projected Nationally Through 2031
More than $124,000
Median Annual Salary of Information Security Analysts in Maryland
Best Online Colleges in Maryland
Your Partner For Professional Success
We’re here to answer all your questions. Submit this form or contact Elaina, your Enrollment Counselor, directly to learn more about our Master’s in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics program.
- Official college transcripts from all previous academic work. If the transcripts are from an institution located outside of the United States, students must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the .
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in past academic work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field of study OR related professional work experience (highly recommended). If you do not meet this recommendation, please contact the Enrollment Counselor for more options.
- Personal statement.
$705.00 Per Credit / $2,115.00 Per Course (3 Credits)
- ¶ºÄÌÊÓÆµ offers a partnership tuition rate through our relationships with local community colleges, hospitals, and organizations. A full list of our partners can be found here.
- ¶ºÄÌÊÓÆµ Online has simplified the cost of your online master’s degree by eliminating all fees.
- Financial aid packages are offered to those who qualify.
Students in the online Master’s in Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics program can choose from a variety of courses including:
- Incident Response and Evidence Collection
- Malware Detection, Analysis, and Prevention
- Mock Intrusion and Response
- File Systems Forensic Analysis
- Windows Intrusion Forensic Investigations
Digital Forensics Certificate Option
Stevenson offers a fully-online graduate certificate for those interested in advancing their career in cybersecurity and digital forensics.
- Digital Forensics (18 credit hours)
Other Legal, Criminal Justice, and Forensic Programs
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics
- Forensic Accounting
- Forensic Investigation
- Forensic Science
- Forensic Studies